I have over 25 years’ experience helping adults solve personal and work-related problems, break habits and addictions, and find clarity, self-acceptance, and peace. These are some of the issues I work with:
- Adult ADD/ADHD
- Anxiety, Panic Disorder
- Depression, Bipolar Disorder
- Grief, Loss, Loneliness
- Job stress, job loss
- Career or life transitions
- Low self-esteem
- Marital, relationship issues
- Parenting challenges
- Trauma (recent or developmental)
If you are suffering from any of these problems, or simply seeking to change self-limiting habits of thought in order to achieve greater happiness and success in life, I can help!
When Should You Seek Counseling?
- You're overwhelmed by a crisis, or just have too much stress
- You're seeking new approaches to old problems
- You're confused about what to do, or worried you'll make matters worse
- Your health, well-being, job or relationship is in jeopardy
- You'd simply like to become a better, happier person
How Can Counseling Help?
- Get expert advice from a licensed professional, based upon clinical training and many years of experience
- Helps you to look at your situation more objectively and perhaps shed new light on an old problem
- Allows you to share your worries and sort out your feelings in a safe place
- Explains yours and others' behavior and helps to change dysfunctional patterns of thinking or behaving
- Teaches you new and more effective ways to deal with people and situations
I view counseling as a process of guiding people toward greater resiliency, self-awareness, and overall well-being. This may include improving your self-care habits (exercise, nutrition, sleep) and developing social/spiritual support (12-step or other support groups, meditation, yoga).